Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Starts Soon

For many of us this week marks the last and final week of summer vacation. My son is here with me in the office this week and I hate to admit this, but I have yet to purchase anything on his school supply list. I have a feeling by the time I get to the stores this weekend the Halloween decorations will be on display and the people behind the counters will look at me funny when I pull out the list.

Needless to say, he is much more prepared for the new school year than I am. He's starting Pre-K and has been in "school" since he was eighteen months old. So why do I get teary-eyed when thinking of sending him off to a new adventure with a group of children his age?

Here's the Kane/Miller books that we read today, and those that we've read in the past (more for my benefit than his, of course!):

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I tried yesterday. But after going to 5 stores with my three lists, and no luck finding a box of round toothpicks (they had to be round), I gave up. I have until Tuesday...

Sondra Santos LaBrie said...

Here's what I'm having trouble with:

One 12 x 12 scrapbook with slip covers (not paper scrapbooks)

Extra scrapbook slip covers (at least 12 or more) that are already placed/mounted inside scrapbooks


UM...what? Can someone explain why they can't add in the cost of these school supplies in with the tuition? Or why they can't provide a list of places to find these things?