Friday, November 9, 2007

Chi-Town

Driving along Lake Shore Drive, seeing Navy Pier lit up at night and witnessing the construction of the new Trump Tower reminds me of what it is I love about Chicago. It is beautiful, clean and always full of energy.

People here have a Midwestern charm and although my Midwest accent has of course come out since spending the last few days with my big sis, I've enjoyed the reminder of my youth and spending time in the city during winter, as the holiday season approaches.

Last night we had dinner at the Green Zebra on Chicago Avenue. It is a swank little place with a vegetarian me
nu. The food was amazing, the wine was fantastic and sharing a dinner out with my sister was priceless.

This evening, my sister and I are meeting Anne Levy from Book Buds for dinner. We're going to head over to McCormick and Schmick's Fresh Seafood Restaurant on Wacker Drive.

Anne is also the co-founder of the C
ybils (Children's & YA Bloggers' Literary Awards). This year is the second year of this annual independent book award which we're pleased to have three books nominated for (so far):


From South Korea
My Cat Copies Me
by Yoon-duck Kwon


From Japan
The Story of Cherry the Pig
by Utako Yamada


From Australia
Samsara Dog
by Helen Manos
Illustrated by Julie Vivas

What's so great about this award is that it's reader-nominated. Readers, whether they're parents, educators, book reviewers, librarians or professionals (in any industry), can nominate titles for this award. You'll find the growing list of nominated titles on the Cybils blog under each category:
Nominate your favorite titles today, but make sure you read the rules first!

No comments: