Wednesday, November 14, 2007

One of Those Days

This morning - and most of this afternoon - turned out to be one of those days where things were not going my way. I might as well move to Australia (Bonus points for the first person to let me know where that came from!)


I brought my son to the dentist this morning. He's been going every six months since he was six months old. He was a fabulous example of a well-behaved, fully cooperative child - until today. He started kicking his feet and waving his hands up in the air when the dental hygienist attempted to start cleaning his teeth.

Twenty minutes and several attempts at trying the whole thing again turned out to be false starts. We're going to try it again in another six months. Both the dental hygienist and the dentist herself deserve patience (and patient) awards for probably having to deal with that same situation several times a week.


From England
I Want My Tooth
by Tony Ross

Although the whole experience felt like it was more devastating for me afterwards, it was nothing compared to the frustration I felt when my son and I got to our car only to discover a note that read: "I hit the front of your car while trying to get out. Call me at ... "

This was some sort of joke, right? I looked at the front of my car and no, this was no joke. Indeed, there was a small dent in the middle o
f the hood along with a scrape mark on the front of the grill. Lovely.

What else could go wrong this week? After all, I was pulled over yesterday for speeding and the lovely CHIPs character (yes, he was on a motorcycle) was not interested in my excuse ("I just got back from Chicago and I haven't driven in
over a week!")

2006 and 2007 have not been my years. I'm hopefully optimistic about 2008. Wish me luck.


From South Korea
New Clothes for New Year's Day
by Hyun-Ju Bae

2 comments:

Kara said...

Of course, your reference is from Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day, a favorite of my childhood, and one that my son got to reenact in his classes storybook theater last spring. Very cute!

-Kara
Kids Literati
www.kidsliterati.squarespace.com

Sondra Santos LaBrie said...

Kara,

You're of course absolutely right. And wait until you hear about my day today...